Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend travails

We drove to Virginia yesterday to my brother's to watch Virginia play Tennessee in the basketball tournament. There was no joy in Mudville, as Virginia lost a close game. Oh, well, it was great to be there, and it was a really lovely day for a drive.

Here is today's photo: my brother's dog, Bama, looking for a scratch behind the ears.


And to make this art related, here is a small piece (12 x 12) that I've been fiddling with.


I like the bright spring colors. It's far from finished; I'll add some stitching of some sort in places, and trim the edges. Finishing it is today's goal (I don't want to aim too high!) and then I'll finish cleaning the studio.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

What a delightfully playful piece!

Sorry about your basketball loss, but ... Go Big Orange!