Friday, January 05, 2007

I Don't Get It

Somehow, in the last few weeks, our TV has programmed itself to come on every night at 8. I'm certainly not savvy enough to make it do that; I can barely watch a dvd on the silly thing. Actally, when my husband was away for the weekend, I would have to call him to walk me through it. I had almost gotten to the point where I didn't need to call for help when we got one that, when you insert a dvd, assumes that you want to watch it and starts it automatically. But that's not the TV that's turning itself on. It will probably turn on every night at 8 for the rest of our lives, because we can't figure out how to stop it. But at least the timer isn't flashing 12!


This is a piece I finished in December, "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue." 26.5 x 41 I've been using these browns a lot, and they aren't my usual palette. I've managed to work some purples in, though not in this piece, and I'm please with the results. I found that I like the richness of the browns and golds, and the contrasts with the black and/or purple. Next I want to move to another color scheme, but with the same idea. We'll see.

1 comment:

Lisa Call said...

Maybe if it were flashing 12:00 it would never be 8:00 and it wouldn't go on by itself.

I love the colors of this new piece - very rich.