Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Image transfer

Yesterday, well actually Sunday and Monday since it's a long process, I tried image transfer with gel medium. I had an old letter copied (it has to be a toner based copy) and coated the paper with four coats of gel medium. After the last coat, it had to dry for 8 hours. Then I soaked the paper in water and rubbed the paper away, leaving a rubbery copy of the letter. It was a lot of rubbing, since it was an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I like the results, and I need to practice applying the gel medium so that the brush strokes don't show. I plan to use it in a collage, but I don't quite know how yet.

Here is the most recent weekly:
I need to work on shadows. These make the trees seem more grounded, but I don't think that that is how shadows really work. I should go draw some trees, I suppose, so that I know what they actually do. It's a very pretty day, not too hot yet, and that would be a great way to spend the afternoon.

No comments: